How my curly journey started
Hi friends!!!
My curly journey started in Nov. 2018 when I saw a picture of some gorgeous curls on Instagram, I thought to my self I wish I can have my hair that way, then I start researching and I came across something called "The Curly method" I started to look into more and more what this method was about and I got so overwhelmed with so much information.
What I decided to do is to start on the basics, I cut my hair very short and stop bleaching it. I did one more dye and it was to take the blonde away and go with my natural color chocolate.
Here is a picture of the before with blonde balayage:
This is the after, I did a deva cut and dye my hair closes to my natural color.
My next step was to get rid off of all the heat tools that own, shampoos with sulfates, silicone, parabens, and drying alcohol. I got a better diffuser that is bigger in size. other things that I stop doing the first 3 months of my journey:
1. I stop washing my hair with shampoo every day. I purchase a co-wash to help me with this, I will explain what a co-wash is later in another post.
2. I stop using high heat and letting it air dry.
3. I purchase a Satin pillowcase and satin scrunchies.
4. I put my hair in a pineapple bun before I sleep.
5. I washed my hair with cool water.
6. I found out the porosity, density, and how fine or medium is my hair. (will explain this next)
I'm still doing this great thing to keep the health of my hair and is been working amazingly.
One word that you will read constantly here in this blog is that you need to be patient with this process and not to give up because in the end is really worth all the hard work you put in into it.
Here is a recent picture of me two years into the Curly girl method.
Don't forget to check my Instagram page where I have videos and reviews of different products I try.
with all my love,
Nikky



Comments
Post a Comment